I have a need for batch-processing pictures. My requirements are fairly simple:
- Resize the image to fit Facebook's preferred 960 pixel box.
- Insert Copyright, Byline and Bylinetitle into the EXIF data.
- Optionally, paste my watermark onto a predefined corner of the image.
- Optionally, adjust the white balance.
- Rename the file according to a specific syntax.
- Save the result to a predefined folder.
Until recently, I was using Phatch to perform all of this. Unfortunately, it cannot edit the EXIF data of my current Lumix camera, whose JPEG it claims to be MPO. I am thus forced to look for other options. Ideally, I would do this via a script inside gThumb (which is my main photo editing software), but I cannot seem to find adequate documentation on how to achieve this.
I am thus very interested in hearing about other options to achieve the same result. Ideas, anyone?